WhatsApp Group Calling allows up to four participants to video call with each other using WhatsApp. Video Calling lets you video call your contacts using WhatsApp. On Android, WhatsApp group video calling is only available on Android 4.1+. So, you must ensure you have an updated version of WhatsApp at your Android or iOS. If your phone’s operating system isn’t supported, video calling won’t be available to you.
WhatsApp is quite popular for letting people connect with their loved ones. This app has more than 2 billion users all over the world. There are many features in this app, from messaging to WhatsApp Calling, which are very popular among users. For using WhatsApp latest feature you must have to update your WhatsApp either from Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iPhone.
WhatsApp Group Call: How to Make Group Calls With WhatsApp on Android, iPhone
People will have phone, social media to pass time. WhatsApp is a famous app that people use in large amounts every day. Not only voice and video calling, but sharing audio also consumes a lot of your data up to multimedia content, which reduces your internet speed considerably. You can easily add a new participant to an existing group call or start a call with multiple members directly from your one of your group chats.
Important points of WhatsApp Group Calling
WhatsApp Conference Call allows you to add up to 4 members at a time. Before starting group calling on WhatsApp you must have to know few important things.
- When you receive a group video call, the incoming WhatsApp Video call screen will show the participants currently on the call, and the first contact listed will be the participant that added you.
- You can’t remove a contact during a group video call.
- WhatsApp allows group calling with up to four participants at once.
- During a group video call, you have the option to turn your video off by tapping Video off button.
- You can check Group video call history in the Calls tab. You can tap the call history to view the individual contacts from the call.
- You can’t add a contact that you’ve blocked to the call or a contact that has blocked you.
How to make group calls on WhatsApp for Android
Before beginning with the steps, it’s important to note that WhatsApp allows group calling with up to four participants at a time. This means that you can’t make a group call with more than three of your contacts on WhatsApp on any platform.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the Calls tab from the bar that includes tabs for Chats and Status.
- Now, hit the call button from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- You’ll get a list of contacts with whom you can connect through a WhatsApp call.
- Tap the New group call button.
- The app will now let you select your contacts from the list with whom you want to speak through a group call. Remember that you can add only three of your contacts for a group call.
- Now, you’ll see circles of the contacts that you’ve selected for your group on top of the list.
- You can then choose between a video and voice call by tapping the phone and video camera button, respectively.
- At any time during the call, you can also add new participants — as long as this is within the limit of four participants — by tapping the contacts icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
How to make group calls on WhatsApp for iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap the Calls section from the bottom bar that includes Status, Calls, Camera, and Chats sections.
- Now, press the call button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- A list will pop-up on your screen that will include all your WhatsApp contacts.
You’ll now need to press the New Group Call button that’s available just above your WhatsApp contacts list.
- The app will now provide you with the list from where you can select participants for your group call. Just like Android, you can add only up to three of your contacts for a group call.
Once you’ve selected participants for your group call, you can either make a voice call by tapping the phone button or a video call by tapping the video camera button.
- You can, of course, add any additional participants to your group call until the list reaches four participants by tapping the contacts icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
WhatsApp also lets you make a group call directly from a group on both Android and iPhone. This can be done by following identical steps on both Android and iPhone. However, the contacts that you want to connect with through a group call need to be in your contact list.
How to make a group call on WhatsApp for Android / iPhone
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Select a group from where you want to make a group call.
- Now, tap the call button from the top-right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up screen will slide up from the bottom from where you can select the contacts with whom you want to speak on the group call. You can pick up to three participants at once.
After that, you can select either the video camera button to make a group video call or the phone button to make a group audio call.
WhatsApp also recently brought an update for the groups that have four or less members. That update made it easier for users to make group calls.