Universal Account Number (UAN) This number is given by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). If you want to check your PF balance then you must have a Universal Account Number (UAN). If you do not know your Universal Account Number (UAN), then through this guide you can easily find your Universal Account Number (UAN). Let’s know about it.
Employees are given the benefit of EPF i.e. Employee Provident Fund. As we all know that some amount is deducted from salary and deposited in EPF account.
UAN (Universal Account Number): Easy way to find UAN number
The most important thing that you should have to check the PF balance is your Universal Account Number (UAN). This number is given by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). After getting the Universal Account Number (UAN), if you also go to a new company, then share your existing number there too. After this, the Employee Provident Fund in the new company will be reflected in your account.
The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) is a means to provide retirement benefits to the private sector employees and to save in a better way in which the general deposit schemes get better interest and rebate on income tax. Your employer also contributes to this scheme and the contribution is deducted from your salary. At the time of retirement, you get a lump sum along with interest.
Universal Account Number – UAN
On the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) site, you can create a Universal Account Number (UAN) yourself using your Aadhaar card online. The Universal Account Number (UAN) carries the portability of PF accounts from one employer to another, without routing it through their employer. That is, when you leave your job with one of the employers and join another place, then you can transfer your EPF balance to the new EPF account. For this you do not need to go to the previous employee.
Usually, the Universal Account Number (UAN) is written on the salary slip, but in some circumstances you will not see it written. In such a situation or you do not even have a salary slip, then you can search your Universal Account Number with the help of the steps mentioned below.
How to Find your Universal Account Number
To find the UAN (Universal Account Number), read the steps given below:
1) First of all visit the EPFO Member Service Portal.
2) Click on ‘Know Your UAN Status’ on the right and down or go directly here
3) Here you will have three options – Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN. You can choose any of these options.
4) Fill the requested information on the page – such as your name, date of birth, register mobile number, register email address and captcha.
5) Then click on Get Authorization Pin.
6) On the next page, click on the box next to I Agree.
7) After this, an SMS will be received on your mobile from EPFO, OTP will be available in it.
8) Put OTP on EPFO website.
9) Then click on Validate OTP and get your Universal Account Number (UAN).
10) On behalf of EPFO you will also get an SMS in which your Universal Account Number (UAN) will be written.