WhatsApp Custom Wallpaper Chat Feature: Facebook-owned messaging company WhatsApp has also introduced many new bright and dark wallpapers, which you can set on different chats. WhatsApp has received a new update, which will bring some improvements to the wallpaper, including the facility to set custom wallpapers for various chats and an updated stock wallpaper gallery.
The instant messaging app is also bringing new colors to existing doodle wallpapers. Apart from the changes made to the wallpaper, an option is also being brought to search the stickers using WhatsApp text and emoji. WhatsApp is also bringing an animated World Health Organization (WHO) “Together at Home” sticker pack to upgrade the existing WHO sticker pack, encouraging users to stay home during the coronavirus epidemic.
How to Use WhatsApp Custom Wallpaper Feature
One of the major changes on WhatsApp is the custom chat wallpaper feature. This gives you the option to use a custom wallpaper for your favourite chat and favourite contacts, so that the chat box of that contact can look different from your regular WhatsApp wallpaper. It was initially introduced internally for testing. At that time it was also not available to beta testers. However, this facility is now coming to the general public.
The same wallpaper was seen on all chats on WhatsApp till now, but with the latest software update, WhatsApp has brought new changes. Now users can set different wallpapers on each chat. Not only this, the Facebook-owned messaging company has also introduced many new bright and dark wallpapers, which you can set on different chats. Through this article, we will tell you how you can enjoy this new feature of WhatsApp on Android and iPhone.
How to set a wallpaper on smartphone
Before proceeding in the article, make sure that you are on the latest version of WhatsApp, if it is not, then immediately update your WhatsApp to the latest version. After updating the app, you can set a custom wallpaper in a particular chat on the iPhone by following these steps: –
1. First open the WhatsApp chat, whose wallpaper you want to change and open the contact info by tapping on the contact name.
2. Now click on Wallpaper and Sound and select New Wallpaper.
3. In the new screen you can see the latest stock wallpapers of WhatsApp. These will be new bright and dark wallpapers, which you can change as the background of a particular chat.
4. You can also use the old WhatsApp wallpaper by clicking on the Wallpaper Archive.
5. If you do not like the wallpaper collection of WhatsApp, you can also use the custom photo of your phone gallery.
6. You can also preview the wallpaper by swipe left or right to set a custom wallpaper. After confirm click on set and after adjusting the brightness your wallpaper will be set.
WhatsApp Update: How to Set a wallpaper on Android
1. First open WhatsApp chat, whose wallpaper you want to change and then click on three dots and select Wallpaper.
2. After choosing your favorite wallpaper, preview the wallpaper by swipe left or right and then tap the Set Wallpaper and adjust the wallpaper dimming. That’s it, set your WhatsApp wallpaper.
Keep in mind that this feature is still being rolled out in the new update, so some people may not have reached this feature yet. But there is no need to worry, it will be made available to those who have not yet reached this feature.